Wednesday, September 23, 2015

First day of Fall

People love Fall, don't they? I hear it wherever I go. "Oh, I love Fall. It's my favourite season. I can't wait to make soups and stews and get out the sweaters."

I bite my tongue and I say not a word. . . but I don't like Fall. When I feel that first chill in the air that others find so invigorating, I feel a great sense of foreboding. I seem to be the only one who has made the connection that when Fall comes, can Old Man You-Know-Who be far behind?

I love summer. I love the heat. I don't care if it's humid. I feel alive and expansive when the temperature is approaching 30 and, brrr, I feel myself shrinking into nothingness when the January temperatures dip way down into the minus column.

But Fall has some nice symbols and some pretty characteristics. If you look right here, you'll see some lovely quotations about Fall and see some lovely pictures and even hear some music.

Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.

Happy Fall everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fall. It is my favourite season. I wilt in the heat, but hate winter (except for its beauty). I find a sadness with fall, a sweet decay, crisp yellow leaves against a clear blue sky….

    ReplyDelete