Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Welcome to my day

One day back in the spring, I noticed that I was spending a lot of time taking part in discussions on Facebook. I was commenting here and there, leaving behind observations, some of which were researched, others that were well-thought-out and carefully written.

A few days later, I wanted to take another look at some of the things I'd written and I had no idea where to go to find them, so random was my commenting history. I was suddenly struck by how easily misplaced some of our thoughts are when they're part of just one of thousands of discussions by millions of people on Facebook.

That’s when I decided to start this space so that when I have something I think is worth saying, I’ll say it here and then I’ll always know where to find it!

The other reason I’ve started Each New Day is that I plan to write here often (I almost said “every day” but that puts a lot of pressure on me) so it’s a way for me to practice self-discipline. I preach self-discipline a lot so it’s good for me to practice what I preach.

This is a good time to start a new project. The second most popular day in the calendar year for fresh starts is the day after Labour Day.

There’s no particular theme at Each New Day – I will write whatever comes to mind. It may be instead of writing an extensive comment on Facebook. It might be about what I’m cooking for dinner or about a good movie I've seen.

Within the next few days, I plan to write a few stories about our recent trip to England and the north of France. That will be fun.

Update: Click here and here for my first and second reports from England.

1 comment: